19.2.11

First Lady Advice on Relationship: Laugh with your partner

The First Lady of United States of America, Michelle Obama says it's what she and President Barack Obama do, and it seems to be working. Their marriage, although tested throughout the years by his political ambitions” for the Illinois Senate, the U.S. Senate and later president” is going on 19 years.

"I think a lot of laughing," the first lady said recently at a White House luncheon with reporters who asked about the Obamas' union. "I think in our house we don't take ourselves too seriously, and laughter is the best form of unity, I think, in a marriage.

"So we still find ways to have fun together, and a lot of it is private and personal. But we keep each other smiling and that's good," she added.

It also helps that Obama is "very romantic."

"He remembers dates, birthdays," Mrs. Obama said last week on "Live! With Regis and Kelly." "He doesn't forget a thing, even when I think he is. . I'll have a little attitude. I give him a little attitude, but he always comes through."

"Got to keep the romance alive, even in the White House," she said.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I believe that makes a lot of sense. Especially if you have been with your partner for a lot of ears and you are taking a trip together, you need to laugh at the things that go wrong too. When me and my husband travelled to Argentina, we rented an apartment in buenos aires that was very nice. Everytime we did not know where to go, we laught and somehow somebody came and helped us. By the way, Argentineans are the nicest people!
Julie